Students on our aromatherapy courses often ask what are our favourite essential oils. So we’ve put together our Top 10 List. When there are so many essential oils to choose from, you might ask why these? Well we looked at which essential oils were – to us – the most versatile and could be used for most everyday occurrences, and this is the list we came up with.
Have to say, not all our favourite essential oils made it to this list though….Neroli (Doreen’s fave) was hovering pretty close, as were Frankincense, Rose Otto (Dympna’s fave), Ginger, Ylang Ylang and Lemon.
1. Bergamot – Citrus bergamia
2. Clary sage – Salvia sclarea
3. Eucalyptus – Euclayptus globulus
4. Geranium – Pelargonium graveolens
5. Juniperberry – Juniperus communis
6. Lavender – Lavandula angustifolia
7. Peppermint – Mentha Piperita
8. Roman chamomile – Anthemis nobilis
9. Rosemary – Rosmarinus officinalis
10.Tea tree – Melaleuca alternifolia
Happy aromas! What’s your Top 10?
Doreen and Dympna
Accredited massage and aromatherapy courses in London Holistic massage, Sports and Remedial massage, Aromatherapy, Thai yoga massage, Thai foot massage, Indian head massage CPD courses for qualified Massage Therapists