Holistic Aromatherapy Diploma Course
Accredited by the International Federation of Aromatherapists (IFA). Course registration number: 04/08.165
Learn how to be an aromatherapist who is confident in the practical and theoretical skills and knowledge required to be able to practise professionally, and give an aromatherapy treatment that is relevant to the client’s needs. You’ll know how to use essential oils, massage and other methods of applying essential oils, as a way to positively enhance the client’s wellbeing.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Aromatherapy massage
- Profiles of 69 essential oils
- How to apply the essential oils
- How essential oils are extracted from plants
- Essential oil science: chemistry of essential oils and how they work
- Essential oil science: botany
- Blending: creating individual, appropriate and therapeutic blends
- Safety and contraindications – when not to use essential oils
- Carrier oils and their therapeutic use
- Consultations, treatment planning and aftercare advice
- Clinic sessions: experience working with ‘real’ clients
- Common conditions affecting various systems of the body
- Principles of Aromatherapy
- Pregnancy and Aromatherapy
- History of Aromatherapy
- Subtle Aromatherapy: developing intuition and using essential oils on the subtle body
How long is the course?
If you already have a qualification in massage, the Aromatherapy Diploma is 21 days over 8 months.
If you’re new to massage and aromatherapy, usually you’ll need to first complete the Holistic Massage Diploma. If you’d prefer to go straight onto the aromatherapy course, you’ll need to complete our Access course first (see below).
What is the Access course?
The Access course is for students with no previous experience of massage and who don’t have a massage qualification. It will give you access to the aromatherapy diploma course if you’re not already qualified in massage.
About the coursework and exams:
The coursework consists of 60 Aromatherapy treatments including case studies, a short research assignment, and an essay on setting up in business as an aromatherapist.
The exam: there are two written papers and a practical exam.
On successful completion of the course and exam, you will be able to join the IFA as a full member, and will be added to the register of aromatherapists for public referrals.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who has an interest in essential oils and their therapeutic benefits.
People who are looking for a new career.
Anyone who want a sound addition to their existing career.
Anyone who would like to help others by enhancing their state of health.
Practitioners of other therapies wanting to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
- Comprehensive course manual
- Massage tables, couch roll, bolsters, trolley and oils are provided for classroom use.
- Light refreshments at break time.
- Excellent level of support and guidance both during and between class sessions.
You’ll receive a high level of aromatherapy training.
You’ll know how to give an aromatherapy treatment that is tailored for each client.
The theory is integrated with the practical.
Enhanced individual guidance, attention and personal feedback due to excellent student to teacher ratio.
Central London location.’
The IFA was founded in 1985 and was the first Aromatherapy organisation of its kind. It is a worldwide organisation for professional aromatherapists, and upholds a high standard of training in the profession.
Doreen, who teaches the Aromatherapy Diploma course, was a member of the IFA Council for 4 years. She was Chair of Education for 3 years and together with Margaret Karlinski, who teaches Essential Oil Science on this course, wrote and developed the IFA syllabus for Aromatherapy. She is also an IFA examiner.
“I enjoyed all aspects of the course and completing it was like ‘the icing on the cake’ as it has taken my massage therapy to a whole other level. My clients love the personal touch of having a blend specifically created for them.”
10/11 May (11th is a Monday)
30 June – Kew Gardens
12/13 July (13th is a Monday)
31 October/1 November
Including £400 enrolment fee
Exam fee: to be confirmed based on numbers attending and not due until before the exam
IFA student membership valid for 2 years: £35 due at the start of the course
Venue: Will be confirmed soon
Arranged on an individual basis once enrolled
Contact us for details
Venue: Old Diorama Arts Centre
Regent’s Place, 201 Drummond Street, NW1 3FE