Soft Tissue Release
Soft tissue release (STR) is a technique used to apply stretches to specific parts of a muscle rather than to the whole muscle. If there are areas of scar tissue, adhesions or extra tightness within an otherwise healthy muscle, or if dealing with clients who are hyper flexible, STR can be performed to reach those particular fibres or small areas not ordinarily released through more general stretches. STR is a very useful tool that can be utilised independently or easily incorporated within your massage treatments to make them even more effective and the benefits longer lasting.
What you’ll learn on this course?
- The principle of STR and how to apply it to muscles effectively and safely
- When to use STR, and when not to
- How to use STR over clothes
- How to use STR within a massage treatment with oil
- Applying STR to major muscles (legs, arms, back, neck, chest, pelvic area)
- Applying STR with the client in prone, supine, side-lying and seated positions
The workshop is mostly practical with plenty of opportunity to practise, and a workbook is provided.
SOFT TISSUE RELEASE
1-2-1 tutorials are available. Contact us for details.
Venue: Ashlins Natural Health
181 Hoe Street, E17 3AP