Indian Head Massage Introductory Course
How long is the course?
A 2-day course for: Individuals with an interest in Indian Head Massage who may attend the practical part of the course and learn techniques to practise on family and friends.
For non-practitioners: You will learn some practical techniques to practise on family and friends.
What you’ll learn on the course:
- Massage of the Upper Back, Neck, Upper Arms, Head, Face Effleurage, Petrissage, Tapotement, Pressure Points, Stretches, Mobilisations
- Energy Holds
- Chakra Balancing, all Chakras plus alta-major
- Use of good posture, body weight and breathwork
- Client Care
- Use of oils for the Head/Scalp
- History of IHM
- Benefits of IHM.
- Contra-indications of IHM
- Review Relevant Anatomy and Physiology
- Common Relevant Pathologies/Conditions
Who is the course for?
- Practising therapists of any discipline who wish to expand their therapy base and broaden their knowledge
- Anyone interested in an easily portable therapy
- Anyone wanting seated, clothed massage techniques for the upper back, neck, head and face
- Anyone interested in learning about working with chakras
Certificates of attendance will be given to those studying the practical aspects only – either for interest or for CPD purposes.
1/2 June 2019
Venue: Old Diorama Arts Centre
Regents Place, 201 Drummond Street, NW1 3FE